Artie Shaw and his Orchestra : Deep In A Dream
Album: Deep in a Dream
Style: Fox Trot / Jazz
Date Recorded: November 17, 1938
Composer: James Van Heusen
Lyricist: Eddie De Lange
Instrumentation: Clarinet, 4 saxophones, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, guitar, piano, string bass, and traps
Charted: ‘Deep in a Dream’ charted on Billboard in 1938 and ranked as high as #3
Wikipedia: Deep in a Dream
Name: Helen Forrest
I dim all the lights and I sink in my chair.
The smoke from my cigarette climbs through the air.
The walls of my room fade away in the blue,
And I’m deep in a dream of you.
The smoke makes a stairway for you to descend;
You come to my arms, may this bliss never end,
For we love anew just as we used to do
When I’m deep in a dream of you.
Then from the ceiling
Sweet music comes stealing;
We glide through a lover’s refrain.
You’re so appealing
That I’m soon revealing
My love for you over again.
My cigarette burns me, I wake with a start;
My hand isn’t hurt, but there’s pain in my heart.
Awake or asleep, every memory I’ll keep
Deep in a dream of you.
Artie Shaw and his Orchestra
- Artie Shaw (director, clarinet)
- George Arus (instrumentalist : trombone)
- Al Avola (instrumentalist : guitar)
- Johnny Best (instrumentalist : trumpet)
- Claude Bowen (instrumentalist : trumpet)
- Russell Brown (instrumentalist : trombone)
- Les Burness (instrumentalist : piano)
- Cliff Leeman (instrumentalist : traps)
- Tony Pastor (instrumentalist : saxophone)
- Ronnie Perry (instrumentalist : saxophone)
- Chuck Peterson (instrumentalist : trumpet)
- Les Robinson (instrumentalist : saxophone)
- Harry Rodgers (instrumentalist : trombone)
- Sid Weiss (instrumentalist : string bass)
- Hank Freeman (instrumentalist : saxophone)